Saturday, May 2, 2009

Coincidence?

Do you enjoy seeing fun number patterns in your car's odometer? No? Hmm. Well I do! For those of you that know my passion for numbers (sure some would say 'obsession' is a better word, and still others would call me a 'number freak') this post won't be a surprise. 

I left school on Thursday and noticed that my odometer had the potential to align in a cool pattern. It was 64 degrees and my mileage was at something like 64027. I knew it was 40 miles to our house so I could potentially align the temperature and the odometer with all 64s! But the temperature couldn't change for the next 37 miles in order for that to happen. About 10 miles into the trip the temp dropped to 63, bummer! Well, I thought, I could still align it at 63 64065. That would still be cool. 

Shortly before I was arriving to Ames, the clouds broke and the sun came out. The temp rose back to 64...65....arg! Well, again I thought, "I could align at 65 64063." The mileage was approaching.....66 degrees! "No! I can't use 66 degrees!" Then, the temp dropped to 65 just as I hit 64063 miles. "Yeah! I hit one of the patterns at least!" Then, my odometer turned 64064 and I thought it would be neat if the temp dropped to 64......and it did! "Woo Hoo! I got 64 64064." But, surely the temp would not drop to 63 degrees in the next mile. Three degrees in 3 miles? Well, it did! "Incredible! I got ALL the patterns! 63 64065!"

I took pictures as proof of this extremely unlikely event.



I hope you can appreciate this 'coincidence' as much as I did. I tend to get really excited about little things like this. No, I do not need therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment