Monday, May 4, 2009

Menu Plan

While the girls soak/splash in the tub and Joey naps in the swing I'll post our meal/menu plan for the next two weeks:) indecisive about words today, hence the word/word

After last week and no grocery run, except necessary bread and milk, the fridge and pantry were quite sparse! Empty shelves no more...I bought 2 weeks worth of groceries today and was pleased to find it only cost me about 25% more than a 1 week's supply! How that happened, I'm really not sure...especially after buying meat today.

Let me know what you think of my plan and if you'd like any recipes, and which meals you'd be excited to eat:) Hopefully, I'll stick closely to the plan as I'll be held accountable to all you readers out there. chuckle chuckle-I know we don't have that many readers-just feeling facetious (first spelling: phecesious-way off) I'll get some pics of the dishes if they appear impressive.

1st Monday: pizza salad, garlic breadsticks

1st Tuesday: chicken quesadillas, fruit

1st Wednesday: zesty grilled pork chops, herb & butter rice

1st Thursday: slow-cook savory beef, baked potato

1st Friday: spaghetti, texas toast

1st Saturday: toasted sub sammies, chips

1st Sunday: BLT's, melon

2nd Monday: bacon-n-cheese strata, Cinnamon apples, biscuits

2nd Tuesday: chicken fajitas, spanish rice

2nd Wednesday: crusty baked pork chops, sautee'd asparagus

2nd Thursday: taverns (sloppy joes for all you non-NW Iowa folk), baked fries

2nd Friday: sirloin/green pepper/onion kabobs, fruit

2nd Saturday: fried egg sammies, fruit

2nd Sunday: grilled cheese sammies, anything left-over

In case you were wondering, these are just our suppers. The kids and I usually have very easy lunches, stuff they like to eat because they usually reject most suppers:( You know, "I don't like that". I will be making and eating broccoli & cheese soup for lunch this week. noone else in this family cares for soup

Thanks to Nurse Ferrari for some new meal ideas:)

No comments:

Post a Comment