Friday, May 8, 2009

Snails and Sleep

Recent memory of last night has just crossed my mind and I have to share. I never imagined that out of our entire family, our 2 year old child would be getting the best night's sleep. Joseph and I are up in the night for feedings...that's a given. But last night, we had another visit from Miss Livvy. Around 2am, before we'd even heard a whimper from the baby, Olivia crept in. I assumed she was missing her Daddy again. She's had major attachment issues with her Daddy lately and has requested middle-night snuggles with us several times in the last few weeks. I wasn't expecting to hear that she had a snail hiding in her bed. Does sound funny now...wasn't then. Matt could not convince her that there were no snails in her bed, so when I came to the rescue with her sleeping bag, she said in a most relieved voice, "Ya, there's no snails in there". Ahhh...back to sleep...till the next ones called.

No comments:

Post a Comment