Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Trip to the NICU



Guess 37 weeks was a bit earlier than Mr. J wanted to arrive, so his transition breathing is not settling down. (we hope that's all it is) He's requiring a bit of supplemental oxygen and he's gotten his first dose of radiation with a chest xray this morning. They've also drawn blood for a battery of lab tests to make certain that he doesn't have any infection brewing. Joey is holding his own temp now, which was a concern right at first, and we raised his blood sugar right back up to normal with a little "mama milk". Since that short, 15 minute nursing session, I haven't gotten to hold him again, so I'm missing my baby terribly! Please pray that everything straightens out for our little guy soon. God has already blessed us soooooo much and we know He can turn this around in the blink of an eye:)

3 comments:

  1. I'm reading your blog entries in consecutive order...in case you thought my last comment was insensitive...sorry. Just full of joy!

    Thank you for updating us. We will keep you all in our prayers. Joseph, we are so glad you're here and pray that you will grow stronger very quickly. God bless you and your family with His strength, peace, and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that Joey's having some difficult time transitioning. Having Mary in the NICU was really hard even though it was only for 5 days. I didn't get to hold her for the first 2 days which was painful on so many levels. Then add walking back and forth to the NICU (at DM Methodist it was FAR from my room) was no fun after the c-section. The peace that the Lord can give was like none else for me during that time. I'm SO happy for Joey's arrival, but I am sad for the trial that must be endured for his health and Abbey's. Prayers for quick recoveries for all. He's a beautiful baby and such a good size for his early delivery! Way to go Abbey:) Sounds like a great birth for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and know that my thoughts and prayers are with Joe and you guys.. Love Sara

    ReplyDelete