Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Update

I wish I had more good news, but all is just about the same. I've been officially discharged from the hospital, but I am able to stay in my room here until Joey can leave with me. The blood pressure elevation and low platelet counts that ailed me prior to baby's delivery have resolved. Now we just need to get Mr. J straightened out. He's not taking any steps backwards...in that he's still off supplemental oxygen, but he's still breathing too fast so he'll stay on his antibiotics indefinitely for now. Once his breathing does settle down, we'll attempt some feedings. He hasn't had anything orally since his first hour of life but the nurses and doctors assure me that he'll become "interested" in eating when he's feeling better. I was able to hold him skin to skin in the NICU for a short period of time today and I'm wanting to get some more cuddle time with him later. After all, he needs to learn who his mommy is, right?

All your well wishes, correspondence, offerings to help, and prayers are keeping us afloat right now and we thank you all tremendously. As soon as Joey's well enough to share with everyone, we'll be happy to "pass him around"...like we're used to with our brand new babies:)

No comments:

Post a Comment