Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm being "schooled"

Things that I've learned (or just been reminded of) so far this week:
1. Special Agent OSO is smarter than me, according to Olivia. Several times since she started doing her 24-100 piece puzzles (about a year ago), I've been trying to get her to sort the pieces according to color & shape. She has much preferred the "willy-nilly, shot-in-the-dark" approach to placing the pieces together...until today. While working on a tough puzzle today, she directed me to put the pieces in two piles, like OSO. One pile for straight-sides, the other no-straight-sides. Thanks OSO...it's all part of the plan.



2. Clear to white spit-up is much more pleasant than green spit-up. You know, that green hue of pureed green beans and peas. And no matter how many times I see green spit-up, it's always alarming. "Oh my, why is that stuff green? Is he sick or something? Oh yeah, I fed him green mush for lunch. Whew!"



3. A two-year old's bladder is VERY small. Accidents can happen if the potty-call is not responded to promptly, even is the child had a good share of output only five mintues prior.

No comments:

Post a Comment