Wednesday, August 19, 2009

And So It Begins....

What a frantic week it has been preparing for the new school year. Expectations are high and so is the optimism. Tomorrow is the first day of school and I still get a little nervous. It's like the feeling you get as you are about to the top of the first big drop on a rollercoaster....tick tick tick tick.....the calm before the storm. I always worry that I have overlooked something important or I could have prepared more. Once the first day comes it's usually full speed ahead and it's May before you know it! What adventures lie ahead for the next 9 months? We shall see.

Please say a prayer for all of the teachers, students, and staff that are heading back to school across the state and nation this week. Here is one that I pray:

Lord, I thank you for blessing me with the ministry of teaching and for the opportunity to serve You through the children to whom You have brought me.

Lord, fill my heart today with the joy, compassion, patience, wisdom, and understanding that I will need to do Your will.

Lord, grant me the strength to always do what is right and to be an example of Your grace and glory.

Lord, remind me of Your words:

“Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men,” –Ephesians 6:7

“whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” –Matthew 25:40


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment