Friday, May 9, 2008

"I'll trade you"

Heard an intriguing comment today while shopping at the old Super-Center...WalMart that is...the girls must think there are only two stores in the entire world-WalMart and Fareway, oh well. Getting back to that comment. After nearly running into an old man and his full cart he smiled gently and said, "I'll trade you". I'm assuming he was referring to a trade of his cart, full of miscellaneous household items and supplies, for mine, Sylvia sitting in the front chattering away as she munches on fruity cheerios and Olivia in the "cargo area" making just as much noise-I'm sure singing a made-up song about the particular aisle we happened to be in at that moment. I've gotten similar comments from elderly women at Fareway before too. I think she said, "These are the best days of your life" as she eyeballed me wisely up over her half-glasses. ps. you'll only see moms and elderly women at Fareway. Just as I'm feeling as annoyed as ever, God reminds me-through these gracious people-that I should be enjoying every minute of this. So one of my prayers today is that God fills my heart with peace when there's anything but "quiet" around me and to never take by blessings for granted.

1 comment: