Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day...


I felt so honored last week!! It happened to be Nurse's week, my birthday on Friday, and Mother's Day on Sunday...and it gets better! It also happened to be Teacher Appreciation week, so my dear hubby was raised up too:) We have been so blessed in this life!! Thanks so much for all the well-wishing birthday greetings. You all must have known I was needing some love and support as I approach the big 3-0.

The weekend was fun-filled with Grandma Lola in town...way too many treats and not near enough sleep-who could ask for more? We celebrated with ice cream and birthday cake and a BUNCH of candles for this old mama; Olivia got to help me blow them out. Of course, they were the ones that keep lighting up after you think you've got them out...so 10 minutes and a hand-full of spit later, we resorted to snuffing the silly things out with drops of water! We also enjoyed a gardening project and a viewing of Beauty and the Beast-my personal favorite:) A shopping trip and an elaborate meal were also enjoyed on Saturday. Mom wonders why I want to go to be at 9:30. Those of you who know her can understand this; she's tough to keep up with! I hope I have half her energy in 20-some years:) Then Sunday came; church, brunch, bubbles, pricing garage sale items, and loading Mom's van to the brim; it was quite the day:) We couldn't be happier she was here to help us enjoy it-Thanks Mom!!!

We're hoping to get together very soon with Matt's side and enjoy some lake time and their company-we miss everyone so much!

Hope all the mothers reading this had a wonderful day and were honored by their children...you deserve it!!

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me to remind myself that the ups and downs of life are just that... life! It's all in how ya choose to handle what gets thrown your way. The lining is always silver if you take the time to look! :)
    Mother's Day was bliss this year! Scrapbooking with hot coffee in the early morning while the wee ones slept, then mushroom hunting and playground fun out at Brushy Lake. The boys were exceptionally chummy with one another and drew me a fantastic "We love you, you're the best mom" message in the sand at the park and showered me with hugs, hand holding and stories galore all afternoon.
    Happy Mothers Day (belated) and a BIG Happy Belated B-day to you! I'm so glad to have you in my life!
    Love your web page/blog! (I subscribed!) :)

    ReplyDelete