Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sick or tired?

We're going on three weeks of health complaints from little Olivia...sick or tired? Over two weeks ago, I picked up the girls early from daycare-Olivia had thrown up twice already and continued to do so for the next 8 hours! It was very unpleasant, but we got through it and thought we were on the right track-a healthy one-the next morning as Olivia bounded out of her bedroom, bright and early, with a grin on her face and a cheerful greeting for her "sissy-sister" and myself. Well, the energy only lasted a matter of minutes, and she retired to the couch, wanting to "lay on the couch a little bit and watch Jonah". Since that day, she's had one odd complaint after another. "My head hurts", "my tummy hurts", "I'm cold", "I need a Princess bandaid". There are other unmentionable symptoms and low grade fevers as well. Every complaint is accompanied with a high-pitched whine and I'm wondering if she's ever going to feel good again!!! Olivia has had moments, minutes even, of energy and smiles, but nothing consistent and I think it's time to get it checked out. Chances are good this is all attributed to some nasty little virus, but if not-this mama's gonna do something about it!

Sylvia is missing her cheerful sister too. While Olivia spends time on the couch, curled up under a blankie, Sylvia tries to lure her out of her cacoon by bringing her dollies and toys. She even takes commands from big sissy; "Sissy, get my bunny"...Sylvia fetches, "Sissy, get my cup"...Sylvia fetches.

Hoping for some answers at the ped.'s office. Also looking forward to a date with Mr. Dreamy and a relaxing weekend at home.


1 comment:

  1. Your girls are entirely too charming and adorable. Hope you're all well!

    ReplyDelete