Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Impossible Turkey Pie

What to do when you find leftover turkey in the freezer? Impossible Turkey Pie of course:) Cooking is an adventure for me, so I like to snap pictures sometimes.

Ingredients:
2 c. cut-up turkey
1 sm. can sliced mushrooms, drained (I omitted this 'cause I wanted it eaten)
1/2 c. sliced green onions (I used more like 1c.)
1/2 tsp salt (I used garlic salt....why do I even use a recipe, right?)
1 c. shredded Swiss cheese (I used Colby Jack for a bolder flavor...I know, ridiculous)
1 1/2 c. milk
3/4 c. biscuit baking mix
3 eggs

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease 10-inch pie pan. Sprinkle turkey, mushrooms, onions, salt and cheese in the pan.


Beat remaining ingredients until smooth and pour into pie pan.


Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.


It plated well with sauteed green beans and fresh strawberries.


Matt voted to NOT put this dish into the regular "dinner rotation", but approved it for use of the turkey leftovers:) Winner winner, TURKEY dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment