Monday, January 26, 2009

The Good Samaritan

God was looking out for me today when he sent me dear Brooke, aka total stranger before today. Brooke's and my paths crossed outside Olivia's preschool, as I stood outside our running van, realizing that all the doors were locked! All I could say, over and over, was "oh Olivia, this bad...very bad". Sweet Brooke happened to be buckling her son into his seat at this very dismal moment in my day and noticed my distress. My mind was completely blank, as I had absolutely NO solution in mind! Brooke asked what she could do to help and I honestly couldn't think of a thing. Thankfully, she read the dumbfounded look on my face and began suggesting solutions. We decided it would be best if she gave us a ride back home so that we could get the spare keys, after all, Brooke and Brayden had nothing else to do this afternoon-so she claimed. Once we got home, all the way across town, I ran inside and began madly rummaging through the junk drawer...no keys-aaaaaahhhhhhh! After humbly getting back into Brooke's car, I borrowed her phone and called Matt. Yes, he had two sets of spare keys on his lanyard, which was in his possession...in Mingo. Ugh...we decided that we'd wait for him to rescue us at Pam's, where Sylvia was waiting for Mommy to pick her up. Conveniently, Brooke lived near Pam's house, so that part of the trip wasn't a total waste for her. I hope Brooke knows what a lifesaver she was to Olivia and I today! Anyone got any grand ideas (I'm thinking something unique and creative) on how I can thank her? Sooooo, Matt picked us up from daycare and dropped me back off at preschool, where I was able to unlock the van and drive away in a warm and toasty vehicle. We were all home in time for dinner together, as if nothing ever happened:)

2 comments:

  1. BEEN THERE DONE THAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like something you would have done if the situation would have been reversed. love to all

    ReplyDelete