Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hello, I'm a PC...again

Well....After lengthy hours of research, anxiety, and debate I have determined that now is not the time for me to be a Mac. I have discovered that in order for me to do all of the things that I regularly do on my PC I would have to do one of the following:
-Purchase Microsoft Office for Mac (another $150 on top of what I have already spent, plus Office for Mac is NOT the same as Office for PC)
-Run Boot Camp and install Windows XP on the Mac (then what's the point of owning a Mac?)
I think it is worth noting that I thought the MacBook was AWESOME! I loved the design, the new trackpad, the display, and the performance. Everything I read about them is true. The operating system was not that complex, I could have figured it out. Though I thought the file organization was not as efficient or intuitive as on a PC. However, the bottom line is that it was not as functional for ME as my PC was right out of the box. It would have cost me much more to do the same stuff. That being said, I think the casual computer user that mostly does basic stuff would really love a Mac. They are cool and fun and work great, but I think my brain is wired for PC for now. So I will embrace my virus attacks, unexplainable system errors, lock ups, and crashes. No hard feelings Mac, it's not you......it's me.

2 comments:

  1. such a sad post to read. Well you always know whenever you feel you need a mac fix, you have a friend who can get you through!
    We are happy you tried (sad it didn't work and we will have no more SUnday morning ichat's). :) But we are glad you now know what is right for you and are on the road to finding your perfect computing solution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the problem with Macs, they are great until you really want to do something. Alas, the superior UI is not enough...unless you are a designer like my wife. :)

    ReplyDelete