Saturday, June 28, 2008

Garden Adventure

Wow, has the last week or so been a "green" one. After trying my hand at planting last week, and glad it was done, a gracious friend from work brought me a whole car-load of plants-so I got some more practice! Krista had thinned out everything at her house and was more than willing to share with this wanna-be gardener:) So...I've put the following in the ground and will be following up with pictures next spring!

Russian Sage
Black-eyed Susans
Lamb's Ear
Yellow Iris
Purple Iris
Varigated Grass
Purple Cone Flower
"Yellow Bush"
Purple Yarrow
Day-lillies
Chives

Some of the adventures that ensued during planting were racing against the rain, making friends with Mr.Snake-who enhabits the back half of our back yard...ok we didn't make friends and he has been granted the entire back yard after showing up ON THE DRIVEWAY yesterday...hee hee, until he meets Mr.Ice Chipper (insert my best evil cackle), and realizing that I can still sweat...it's been awhile and it felt kind of good:)

2 comments:

  1. How fun Abbey. I understand chives, Black eyed Susan, and Russian Sage can all take over and run wild. Sounds like all great plants for a flower garden. I can just see the girls picking the flowers off them for you next spring and summer.
    What colors are your Day lilies? There is a deep red orange that is just beautiful. Enjoy the results of your new adventure, Abbey.
    love, _ _ _ aka _ _ _ _ _ _ _

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehhe....ice chipper....you crack me up!
    I would SO be right there with you!

    ReplyDelete