Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy for the noise.

I can't even tell you how many times Matt and I have complained about our very noisy dishwasher. What a couple of ungrateful wrecks, huh? Pretty much if you think about it in perspective to all the people in the world without dishwashers, and dishes, and food for that matter! Well today I say "THANK YOU JESUS" for this wonderfully noisy dishwasher. You see, I've been struggling with my patience with the children lately, remember? So I've been praying continually for God to help me through those tough times throughout the day when I feel like pulling my hair out, or worse. I even commented to Matt this weekend how I wasn't sure how God was helping me through this because I kept getting frazzled time after time. One of the really difficult times is when putting Joey down for nap, he often cries and cries, and screams and fits. So just now, after laying him down, the crying began and as I sat down in the living room for my own "quiet" time, ready to have a fit of my own, the dishwasher started up...loud as ever, and I found relief! I could barely hear Joey crying! Now, 20 minutes later, the noisy part of the wash cycle is over and the baby's sleeping, and I didn't have to TOTALLY LOSE IT:)

No comments:

Post a Comment