Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's Not Easy Being Green

Yesterday I painted the kitchen...twice. One thing I have learned in life is that those little cards of color samples are extremely deceptive. When we painted Olivia's room we wanted a certain shade of green. We browsed our color palette and found what we thought was the right color. Wrong. It turned out to be some weird shade of neon green that you would use for a background when doing special effects.

We learned our lesson right? When choosing the green color for our kitchen we were determined not to be fooled again. We compared the color from the palette to Olivia's room and decided it wasn't "special effects" green and went with it.

Well...apparently there are two shades of "special effects" green. I was optimistic though. "It will dry darker" I thought to myself. Well, it did dry darker, a darker shade of neon! How frustrating! I painted until Ab came home thinking it was just me and maybe she'd like it. Wrong. We agreed that we were not going to live with two neon green rooms in the house. So I picked a green color about three shades darker just to be sure. Another trip to Sherwin Williams and 14 1/2 hours later...the kitchen is done!!

(If anybody needs about 3/4 gallon of "Parakeet" green...it's all yours! Seriously...someone take it.)





The Greens:

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! You are such a trooper! Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete