Wednesday, December 16, 2009

More words

I love the calm, relaxed moments at home with the kids. You know, when we aren't rushing through one activity just to get to the next, and rush through that one. These times are when they tell me things that help me learn their hearts.

This morning, Olivia was admiring my snowman coffee mug and informed me that when she grows up, she would like to have a snowman coffee mug just like mine. I made a mental note to make sure she inherits my snowman mug if it survives the years. Sylvia updated us on her desire to have a reindeer coffee mug when she grows up! Her Rudolph obsession continues.

I'm so glad they're planning on being coffee drinkers:) I took a minute to imagine all three of us, maybe four if Joseph's wife likes coffee, chatting over coffee one morning many years from now. Of course, I whispered a quick prayer asking God to allow us all to become old and grey together.

1 comment:

  1. This is a sweet post. A great example of making our "every days," special days.

    ReplyDelete