Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's Soup Season

I don't know when or how I became such a soup FREAK! I crave it and just can't get enough of the stuff, especially this time of year. Unfortunately for my family, who are not soup-eaters, I plan on making lots of soup in the coming months. I end of eating a few bowls, then freezing individual portions of the rest. Is this girl really "stocking the freezer"? ...YEP!



My apologies for the poor pictures. I need a lesson on how to photograph my edible creations so that they appear as appealing as they do in person:(

We coupled our broccoli-cheese soup with grilled ham & cheese sammies. They weren't nearly as black as they look in the pics.




And to give credit (and thanks) where credit is due! This recipe comes straight from the Grace Lutheran Church Cookbook, "Heavenly Delights". I've been making some of the recipes submitted by the mothers of my childhood friends. The last batch of cookies I made were with Sandy LaBahn's (Megan Henning's mom) chocolate-chip cookie recipe. The following is from Tami Mullinex's mom.

Broccoli-Cheese Soup -Jeanne Schultz

4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 qt. water
1 cup celery, finely chopped
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped
2 1/2 cup cubed potatoes
1 (29oz) pkg. frozen broccoli bits
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed

Combine bouillon cubes, water, celery, carrots, and onion. Bring to a boil. Cook gently for 20 minutes. Add potatoes and frozen broccoli; bring to a boil and continue cooking for 20 minutes. Add chicken soup and cheese. Heat until cheese is melted and thoroughly mixed. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment