Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Time to Remember

As I prepared to receive communion this morning in church I reflected and prayed. I thought of how awesome it is that I am receiving Christ even though I am so unworthy. I thought of last year at this time when I accepted Christ into my heart after denying Him for most of my life. I thought of this special season when we remember Jesus’ journey to the cross. I thanked God for sending His Son to die so that I might live. I thanked God for redeeming me and allowing me to receive Him even though I don’t deserve it.

"They stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him, and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head. They put a staff in his right hand and knelt in front of him and mocked him. "Hail, king of the Jews!" they said. They spit on him, and took the staff and struck him on the head again and again. After they had mocked him, they took off the robe and put his own clothes on him. Then they led him away to crucify him."
-Matthew 27:28-31

1 comment:

  1. Another part of partaking the blood and body of Christ is you are communing also with all the saints: those saints living on earth and those living in heaven.
    It has been an awesome year for you and your family.
    May God's continued blessings of true peace, true joy and true love this Lenten and Easter season be with all of you
    Diligent prayers are answered in God's time, Matt. You are proof of it.
    lf

    ReplyDelete