Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend Update

What a disappointing sports weekend. For those of you that were not privileged enough to witness the ISU/Kansas football game, you missed watching my beloved Cyclones blow a 20-0 halftime lead against the 16th ranked team in the nation. We ended up losing 35-33. What a huge let down. I think if I'm a Cyclone fan much longer I will need some medication!! I suppose I can chalk (or rock chalk for you Jayhawks) it up to growing pains for the Cyclones. We should get better every year. Hey, last year we lost to Kansas 45-7, so I would say that's an improvement.

At least the Cubs still had a chance to advance in the playoffs...oh wait, they lost their 3rd straight to the Dodgers to be eliminated from the playoffs. Ugh...

On the bright side, my Cowboys pulled it out against the Bengals on Sunday. Finally, a team I'm rooting for wins! It is definately not easy being a sports fan. I guess you have to take the bad with the good. All these heartbreaking losses will just make it all the sweeter when my Clones win the National Championship and the Cubbies win the World Series! uh...where was that medication again?

1 comment: