Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Serpent and the Redeemer

"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." Matthew 26:41

Without warning. Slowly. Silently. Secretly. In these ways Satan works into our lives. He knows how to set you up for failure. He knows how to turn you away from the things you hold onto the tightest. How to make the path of least resistance seem so enticing. He knows your weakness and tells you all you want to hear only to lead you into sin.

Lately I have sure felt the pressures that Satan can bring. It is in this time that I must turn away from my sin and trust in the LORD. I must seek His refuge and find comfort in the redeeming power of His sacrifice. I cannot overcome sin on my own. I must call on the LORD everyday.

"The LORD redeems his servants; no one will be condemned who takes refuge in him."Psalm 34:22


1 comment: