Saturday, August 16, 2008

Facing the Mountain

This week I began inservice at my school. The theme was less than exciting. We are addressing our epidemic-like standardized test scores. We have received some press in light of our current situation which has really put the pressure on our district, you can read about it here. (If you couldn't get the article before, I fixed the link. Sorry!)

I take the lack of success of our students extrememly personal, and articles like this sting a little. It can seem overwhelming sometimes. I know our test scores and I know what I am facing this year...a mountain. I guess it's time to strap on my hiking boots and oxygen tank and start climbing. I know I will do whatever it takes to get these scores up.

Please add my school district to your prayers as we begin the school year. Also support your local school district, whether you have kids in it or not. It truly takes a village to raise a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment