Sunday, September 21, 2008

Go, Cubs, Go!

This Saturday I was able to take my nephew Cody to his first major league baseball game. We went to Chicago to watch the Cubs play the Cardinals and they won! To add to the awesomeness they also clinched their division and a trip to the playoffs with the win! How cool is that? We arrived in Chicago Friday night (with a slight detour into the south side of Chicago...yikes!!) and stayed with Jenney who lives pretty close to Wrigley Field. On Saturday morning we went up to the stores and shops near Wrigley to do some souvenir shopping. After shopping we went to the Sears Tower to take in the view. By the time we were finished with the tower it was almost game time so we went back to Wrigley and enjoyed the game!

Cody and I next to the Harry Caray statue

Anybody for Chicago style pizza?

The view from the top

Cody and I at the top of the Sears Tower

Cody at Wrigley

Cody and I in our seats at the game

Seth and Jen at the game

The view from our seats

Cubs Win! Cubs Win!


A super big thanks again to Seth and Jen for everything you did to make this trip possible and successful! You guys rock!



1 comment:

  1. I am very jealous. Being a life long cubs fan. The pics are awesome. Looks like you had a great time. I did know about this blog. Love seeing all the family. Later.

    ReplyDelete